Condo Associations & Co-op Housing Corps

At Taylor & Taylor Insurance we understand the importance of protecting your community. Whether you are a condominium, cooperative or homeowner association, our team knows the challenges in securing and maintaining a comprehensive, cost-effective insurance program. We help community managers develop ways to significantly reduce traditional insurance costs. We do not just provide competitive policies, but our services include in-house claim service, quarterly claims reports, certificate management reports, coverage checklists, and publications on insurance issues and industry information. Please call us at (212)490-8511 for more information or to request a premium quotation.

Property Insurance

Accounts Receivable
Builders Risk
Building Ordinance or Law
Business Interruption including Extra Expense
Business Personal Property (Contents)
Electronic Data Processing Hardware and Media
Equipment (Boiler) & Machinery
Improvements & Betterments
Loss of Utilities
Off Premises Power Failure
Plate Glass
Signs, Canopies & Awnings
Valuable Papers

Commercial General Liability

Premises and Operations
Products and Completed Operations
Personal and Advertising Injury
Damage to Rented Premises
Employee Benefits Liability

Miscellaneous Liability Coverage

Directors & Officers Liability
Employment Practices Liability
Excess Liability
Fiduciary Liability
Non-Owned & Hired Automobile Liability
Pollution Liability or Environmental Impairment Liability
Umbrella Liability

Employment Coverages

Workers Compensation & Employers Liability
Voluntary Compensation
Statutory Disability Benefit Income

Crime Insurance

Employee Dishonesty (Fidelity Bond) including:

  • Blanket coverage for all employees
  • Blanket coverage for a specific class of employee (Ex: Accounting Personnel)
  • ERISA compliance for pension plans

Money & Securities
Forgery & Alteration
Robbery & Safe Burglary
Computer Fraud
Depositor's Forgery
Social Engineering


Cyber Liability
Network Security and Privacy Coverage
Kidnap and Ransom

Coverages typically offers the following coverages:

Property Insurance Coverage

Property insurance provides financial protection against the loss of, or damage to, property. Our policy will typically provide Equipment & Machinery coverage, Building Ordinance coverage blanket coverage for all buildings, structures, and contents owned by the association against loss or damage by any peril, except those specifically excluded within the policy.

Comprehensive General Liability Coverage

Comprehensive general liability insurance extends liability coverage to any location where association business is taking place, provides coverage for host liquor, hired and non owned auto.

Director's And Officer's (D&O) Liability Coverage

Director's and Officer's Liability Insurance (D&O) is necessary when the consequence of the board's alleged negligence results in mismanagement of common funds or policies. Typical claims include wrongful termination, sexual harassment, discrimination, and mismanagement of common funds.

Workers' Compensation Coverage (If needed)

Workers' Compensation provides coverage required by state law for injuries to association employees and volunteers that occur on the job. Workers' Compensation laws incorporate four types of benefits: disability (loss of income), medical benefits, survivor (death) benefits, and rehabilitation benefits.

Fidelity Bond (Employee Dishonesty) Coverage

This coverage "indemnifies" the association for loss of money, securities, or any property because of acts of fraud, dishonesty, forgery, theft, larceny, embezzlement, wrongful abstraction, or willful misapplication or misappropriation, or any other criminal act by employees or volunteers. As an option, coverage can also be extended to protect the association against criminal acts by an independent managing agent.

Umbrella Liability Coverage

Umbrella liability insurance closes the gap between underlying limits of coverage and possible claims in excess of that coverage.

Environmental Impairment Liability Coverage (If needed)

This valuable protection is offered to our associations and it provides protection against exposure to pollution liability claims.

Personal Insurance Protection

Our personal insurance department can provide unit owners with personal insurance protection that residents need. Personal insurance protection provides coverage for personal property, unit improvements, betterments, additions and alterations, additional living expenses, deductible assessments and personal liability.