Condo / Co-op Unit Owners

A Condominium or Co-Op unit owner policy will provide you with both Property and Liability insurance coverage within a single policy. Some of the property coverages available within this policy are Personal Property, Additions & Alterations / Improvements & Betterments and Loss of Use/Additional Living Expense. Your personal property can be covered on either a named peril basis or open peril basis. Additions & Alterations / Improvements & Betterments coverage provides protection for the alterations, appliances, fixtures and improvements which are your responsibility as defined within the by-laws provided by your Co-Op Board or Condominimum Association. It is extremely important that your personal property and additions & alterations are covered for their full replacement values. This policy typically excludes Flood and Earthquake. Both are available to be purchased either separately or through an addition to your policy. Liability Coverage provides protection for bodily injury and property damage to third parties resulting from the named insured's negligence. Many insurance carriers will provide this coverage on a worldwide basis.

Our Personal Lines Department is available to assist you with all of your personal insurance needs. In addition to a Condominium or Co-Op unit owner policy, we can also assist you with coverage for a vacation home, motorcycle, ATV, snowmobile, watercraft or recreational vehicle.

If you are interested in obtaining a premium quotation, please complete the application or call us at (212) 490-8511 for more information.

Condo or Co-Op Unit Owners Application


Personal Property
Additions & Alterations / Improvements & Betterments
Additional Living Expenses
Personal Liability
Medical Payments

Optional Coverage

Personal Excess Liability
Valuable Items

Additional Living Expense

Provides coverage for costs incurred in maintaining your normal standard of living in the event a covered loss renders your dwelling unlivable.

Additions & Alterations / Improvements & Betterments

These are the alterations, appliances, fixtures and improvements which are your responsibility under the terms of a Corporation or Association Agreement . It is extremely important that you read the by-laws from your building or board to better understand your responsibilities.

Flood Insurance

The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) has made Flood Insurance coverage available for most of Homeowner’s, Unit Owner’s, and Renter’s. A NFIP Flood Insurance policy can provide up to $250,000 of Dwelling coverage and $100,000 of Personal Property coverage in the event of a flood. Some individual carriers also offer their own flood programs with different and/or broader coverage’s.

Personal Excess Liability

Provides protection against catastrophic lawsuits. This coverage provides large limits of liability which are in addition to the sums that are available from your personal automobile and/or other personal liability policies. Coverage limits are available in million dollar increments.

Valuable Items

All forms of Homeowner's policies have limited coverage for valuable items, such as Jewelry, Furs, Silverware and Fine Arts. These items can be covered separately under a Valuable Items policy. This policy can be written as Blanket coverage, in which case the company will pay up to a specified amount per item up to the blanket limit or they can be covered as Scheduled Items by listing the items and their values individually on the policy.